Thursday, September 2, 2010

Retro Marci with Rose

Hi everyone, Jana here! I just love all these adorable new Marci stamps! And this week's release is no exception! Meet Marci with Rose. She has such an old-world quality to her, I couldn't resist doing her as a black and white image (and the fact that I saw some work Marci creator Irina had done with this technique recently  - WOW!) This card just makes me think of my mom, who recently attended her 51st high school reunion.
I used this fun black and white houndstooth Norm's News paper from October Afternoon, along with some Pink Pirrouette from SU! I colored Marci with just a handful of copics, W1, 3, 5 and 7 and then R000, R00 and R11. I didn't think I could pull off the black and white look, and was pleasantly surprised with the results!
Marci with Rose is currently available in the digi-shop of the La-La Land Crafts Boutique--for those who can't wait for her September 15th debut in rubber--alongside cheerleader Marci. And don't forget to upload your La-La Land Crafts creations to the customer page and you could WIN by being our customer of the month!

4 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! Just SO SWEET!!! LOVE it!!!

    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful... I love how you did the black & white... I don't have copics, but I wonder if I could achieve ths with prismacolor pencils! Anyways, this is gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jana! love it! I have a feeling I'll be doing this too! I love coloring with grays!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh..I LOVE the coloring on this....SUPERB and a fabulously designed card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete