Thursday, October 8, 2020

Tutorial Thursday - Using Your Scraps

Larisa here to share a Thursday Tutorial with all of the La-La Land Crafts fans!

To complete the tutorial you will need the listed below LLLC products:

Squeeze The Day Clear Stamp Set
Hello Life Paper Pack
Double Stitched Squares Die
Scalloped Squares Die
Lemonade Stand Die

La-La Land Crafts has so many amazing paper pads!  But what if you have a bunch of scraps and none of them are big enough to make a full-sized card?  Well, you can use them up by making Gift Enclosures!  This cute little 3x3 mini cards are the perfect way to use up your scraps!  



First, you'll want to collect your scraps.  I'm using a bunch of scraps from the Hello Life Paper Pack.  This is one of my absolute FAVORITE paper packs and I have used up all of my full-sized sheets, but I have a ton of scraps that I'm going to use for my project today.  


Step#1: Trim white heavy-weight card stock into 3x3 card bases.  You can score them so that they are top fold or side fold.  Both ways are cute!  
Step #2: Find your larger scraps and trim them into squares that are 2.75x2.75.  These will be layered on top of your card bases.  
Step #3: Use your Scalloped Squares Die to cut out some white card stock.  I used the second-to-smallest size in the set.  Then use the Double Stitched Squares Die to cut some patterned paper.  Again, I used the second-to-smallest size in the set.  


Step #4: Stamp, color, and fussy cut your image.  I'm using the Squeeze The Day Clear Stamp Set.  (Copic colors listed below)
Step #5: Use foam tape to adhere the layers together.  Because these are very small, I like to add lots of dimension to add interest.  


Step #6: Adhere the whole thing to the top of your card base and add your sentiment.  
Step #7: Add die cuts and use your scraps.  Try to choose patterns that are more neutral so that your eye can focus when you layer it all together.  



Copic Colors:
Mice: W0, W1, W3, W5, R21
Yellow: Y23, Y26
Blue: BG10, BG11, BG72
Pink: RV10, RV21

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you make with your scraps!  

Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas, 
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!

Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:


    

No comments:

Post a Comment