Thursday, October 15, 2020

Tutorial Thursday - Slimline Layered Shaker Card

 


Hi it's Jennifer here with a tutorial on a
Slim Line Layered Shaker  Card using dies you already have
without the extra expense of buying Slim Line ones.
On the bottom of this Tutorial I have popped in a mini tutorial 
on how to elongate die cuts.


Products Used :

Copics
Skin - E0000, E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R20
Hair - BV02, BV20, BV25, BV29
Kimono - W0, W01, W03
Flowers - R12, YR23, Y35
Teapot - C05, C07, C09




So to start with I used the largest Scalloped Rectangle and using black card stock
 enlongated the die cut so that it is 28 scallops long.
I cut a rectangle in apricot card stock 4'' x 7 7/8'' then using the largest
 Double Stitched Rectangle I cut the longest enlongated rectangle I could out of it
and it layered perfectly on the black scalloped card stock. I have added a mini tutorial
on the bottom of this tutorial on how to do a Die Englogation.


I cut a cardbase in white 8'' x 7 7/8''.
I also cut 1 piece of Acetate 3'' x 7''


I cut a white piece of Card Stock 3'' x 7''.
The Asian Fusion Paper is cut at 6'' x 3'' and another piece 1'' x 3''
I then glued both pieces of  the Asian Fusion  Paper on to the white card stock. 
It doesn't mater the join doesn't match as you wont see it.


I then used the Luggage Tag enlongated to die cut a hole 3 3/8'' long aproximately.
I then glued the acetate on the back I used 3D tape on the back to create a shaker. 
I used sequins to fill it and a scenery piece of Asian Fusion Paper  
for the backing.


I then used 3D tape to layer the black Scallop and Apricot on the base card.


I do like a shaker on my cards so I cut out the below pieces using 
The second largest Scalloped Circle, 3rd largest Stiched Circle,
 3rd largest Double Stitched Circle
The Asian Fusion Paper and acetate are cut from the 3rd largest Stitched Circle




I created a shaker as below adding a few sequins.



I then layered both shaker pieces on to the base.


I die cut my pieces in black and Coloured Mona up. As Mona was too long
I cut her to fit.




Added all my pieces and Voila all done.
I Hope you got some Inspiration from this tutorial and below are some others 
I have done using the same ideas for the base.









So this one I added extra layers, same shaker windows
 using different dies and upright.


The Same Design but more layers see how you cann't see
 the join on the top layer.


This one I used a plain white top layer and die cut into it to create the shakers


How to Enlongate a Die Cut
First you cut you card stock longer that required.
Then you place your die to one end of the cardstock and in your die
 cutting machine. Go to die cut as per normal but pull the top plate 
back from the end of the die as you dont want to cut the end off.


So you have now cut it like this.


You then match up the scallops with the die and move the die along until
you are going to cut the amount of scallops you want and tape it with
 washi to hold it.


Then place your top plate to where you want to cut like before as it will only
cut as far as your top plate is along.


I have made this one 28 scallops long for the Slim Line Card.


This is how you elongate.




Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:
    

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and Genius move elongating the die cuts --- but HOW do you do THAT? Can't help me if I don't know how to just sayin'. Got any links to teach me (us) how? Thanks! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for that. Ooooh So sorry I missed this step I will add that instruction in tomorrow for you xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this tutorial, Jenny!! I have always used a red rubber strip between the die and paper as a stop...in both directions...Will try this way also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a genius young lady!!! I have just been hiding my seam! haha! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete