Wednesday, December 4, 2019

18 Days of Christmas Projects - DAY 4


Welcome to Day 4 of La-La Land Crafts 18 Days of Christmas Projects! 

Hello My Friends!!
My name is Dawn and I am a guest designer here at La-La Land Crafts.

My project for today is a postcard gift box. I made several styles and a process video for you to follow along if this is something you would like to make as well.


This box measures 3.5 x 5 inches and easily fits the 3 dimensional postcards in the photo below. I used the Snow Amazing Stamp Set  to create the box top and fronts of the postcards and the
Christmas Postcard Stamp Set for the back of the cards


Because I colored so many images I made it easy on myself and used my Spectrum Noir Tri- Blend Markers.



I will link my blog under the video at the end. You can find more photos and a complete list of linked products for each of the sets I made.


Here is the one I created using the Dear Santa Stamp Set.


I used A Caroling We Go Clear Stamp Set for this one.



For my last set I wanted to make some non holiday cards so I used the Happy Trails Stamp Set for this box and I love love love the night time camping scenes you can create with all the coordinating dies that work perfectly with this stamp set.



Process Video:

My Favorite Christmas Memory
Every year when as my kids were growing up we would have a giant Christmas Eve box that they could open. Inside that box we put small gifts they could use on Christmas Eve. Holiday PJ's, slippers, snacks, a family game and a holiday movie. We would have an early dinner, open the giant box and then spend the evening together playing and watching movies. Christmas morning is always hectic with family coming and cooking so the Christmas Eve tradition gave us a chance to enjoy family time with our 5 kids.
My children are all adults now some with children of their own and the tradition is still going strong! If they even think were skipping the box I hear all kinds of groaning so this is one tradition that will never go away no matter how old we get.

What are your favorite Holiday traditions?

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends.

Hugs Dawn

Thank You so much for spending some time with me and I hope you give this little project a try! 

28 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cute box and a those adorable postcards. Thankyou for such a great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling winter scenes! Love the cute bunnies and snowman!
    My favorite holiday tradition is baking several kinds of Christmas cookies, packaging them up and delivering to friends and neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all super, super cute! I love your holiday tradition. We always spent Christmas Eve with our dear friends and their children. We have dinner and usually play a board game or two. Now, we still spend it with them and whatever adult kids are around to share it with us =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards and a great process video. I'm not a great cook so every year my daughters and I try a fancy recipe on Christmas Day, and it's not always a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the critters on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh!!! that Santa and those mice! they are my favorite! all are cute but those really catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable. I am really liking how we get different projects between the blog posts and the videos. Thanks so much for the effort your team puts into this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cute cards. there is so much detail
    to them, they have great stories. The mice
    are so cute and those bunnies are darling.
    thanks for sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just so cute! I'd say now that making christmas cards is one of my traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute, anyone would like to receive these as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've been busy! These are all so cute!! Every year my family comes over to my house and we have soup instead of a giant Christmas meal and play games. It's fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! I love your Christmas Eve Box! What a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scenes you created here are just adorable!! You put so much thought into your designs. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mouse is too cute!!!! Our tradition is opening gifts on Christmas Even, and then playing games on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mice, especially caroling, SO CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look great. The images are super cute and your scenes are wonderful. I love to see lots of layers on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cards, I don't have any tradition anymore my boys are now grown ups. But when they where little we would open up one gift on christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What cute boxes and postcards, adorable! Also what a fabulous Christmas Eve tradition. Great job on all of these boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cards are so cute with the mice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your tradition. You are very "rich" person. I just love to hear how families keep any kind of tradition. And the card .. OMG....blue is my favourite and your selection of colours is just ... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love all of your creations but my fav is the moose and raccoon and can see myself looking to add these to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete