Monday, April 1, 2024

Tutorial - Double Pop Up Box Card


Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday... on a Monday!! 

Kristine here to share a tutorial with you for the card I'm sharing today in our Team Monday post.

Today's tutorial is:  Double Pop Up Box Card

I'm excited to share this cute Sock Hop fun fold card today 
featuring products from our March 2024 Release!  


~NOTES~
• I made this to fit into an A2 size envelope - folded size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
• To help minimize bulk, I used 65 lb. cardstock

Here's just a quick video clip of the card
- you can click on the box in bottom right corner to make it full screen.


PRODUCTS:
TUTORIAL:

1.  I cut my black card base at 10-3/4" x 5-1/2" and with long edge across top, I scored at 1-5/8", 3-1/4", 7-1/2", and 9-1/8" 

• Fold & burnish the outer score lines as mountain folds and the 2 inner scores as valley folds.


2. I cut (2) strips the same size at 10-3/4" x 1-1/4" then scored at 1-5/8", 3-1/4", 4-7/8", and 6-1/2".

• Fold & burnish the 2 outer scores as mountain folds and the 2 inner folds as valley folds as shown below. 


3.  *Optional:  If you want a shelf or two inside either box to add images or die cuts to, cut a piece of base color cardstock at 3-1/4" x 1" and score 3/8" on each end.

• Fold and burnish opposite ways as shown - it supposedly helps to collapse better ☺


Now it's time to cut patterned paper and decorate BEFORE you add your bridge strips. 

~NOTES~ 
• For the center (black/white) piece I used a paper from the Love You More Paper Pack.  For all else, I used the Celebrate Paper Pack.

•  To minimize bulk, I did not cut full strips of patterned papers on the parts where the strips will be attached.  

• I like to cut layering panels down by 1/16" from the normal 1/4" -- I just like the look of the amount of border by doing this.  If it bugs you, feel free to round up or down to the closest 1/4" etc. ☺ 

CUTTING LAYERING PANELS:

4.  Cut (1) B/W Center Panel at 4-1/16" x 5-5/16"  - adhere to center 

5.  Cut (2) Inner Pink/Polka Dot Panels at 4-1/16" x 1-7/16" -- For the left one, align the top with the top of the b/w center panel.  It will be short on bottom as that is where the strip will go.  Again, this was to minimize bulk. For the right one, align with the bottom of the b/w panel.

6.  Cut (2) Front Striped Panels at 2-15/16" x 1-7/16" - To find the placement of front panels, place (but do not adhere) one of the black strips and adhere striped panel just above, leaving about a 1/16" space.  Repeat for other front panel.


Now we need to cut panels for the strips.  I used the green grid paper from the Celebrate Pack for the bottom as I thought it kinda resembled a light up dance floor.  For the Top, I used the confetti paper from the same pack 

7.  Cut (2 pieces - one of each design) - at 4-1/16" x 1-1/16"

8.  Cut (8 pieces - four of each design) - at 1-7/16" x 1-1/16" 

• adhere to strips, then attach one strip on top and one on bottom of card as shown below.  

9.  Add glue to each end flap of the shelf/shelves and insert into lower box as shown.


We're done creating the card base and now we just need to add our stamped images and die cuts!

This card folds flat-ish to fit into an A2 envelope.  
• Fold the right side in first, then fold the left in, overlapping the right. 


COLORING:

I used the following Copic Markers for Luka:

Skin:  E00, 000, 0000, 21, 13; R00
Eyes:  BG45 + white gel pen & Pigma Micron 05
Hair:  E51, 53, 55, 57
Shirt/Socks:  BG10; G00
Tie:  R20, 21
Greys:  W3, 5, 7, Blk00


I used the following Copic Markers for Marci:

Skin:  E00, 000, 0000, 21, 13; R00
Eyes:  BG45 + white gel pen & Pigma Micron 05
Lips:  R20
Hair:  E51, 53, 55, 57
Skirt/Socks:  R20, 21, 22; Blk 00 + white gel pen
Shoes:  W7; E53 + white gel pen


Because this style of card could get bulky, I opted to glue my images (where they touch the outer panels) instead of popping them up, as I normally would do. 


Here is the Retro Turntable.  I die cut 2 of them and layered the black behind the coral, and I cut the buttons and needle head from iridescent cardstock.  I attached this to the center panel with foam tape.
  

I also die cut the records and dice and glued those on ☺  

For the sentiment, I added an iridescent mat behind it, then I glued it to the top of the shelf in the lower box.   


BACK OF CARD:

PRODUCTS:

COPIC COLORS:
W2, W3; R20, 21, 00; G00


We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts!
Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas,
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!

Hoping you all have a great week of Creating

 ♡ Kristine

Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:

    

No comments:

Post a Comment