Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday!
KRISTINE here with you today to share a tutorial with you!
Today's tutorial is: Distress Oxide Background
Today's tutorial is a quick, easy & vibrant background that I thought would look perfect for a unicorn ice cream party (keeping in line with our "SWEETS" theme this week!
Greys: N0, N1, N2, N3, N4
Pinks: RV02, RV04
Yellows: Y13, Y19
Greens: YG03, YG13
Blues: BG53, BG45
Purples: V04, RV61
DISTRESS OXIDE INK COLORS:
Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry
~ now for the tutorial you have been waiting for ~
CREATE A FUN DISTRESS OXIDE BACKGROUND!
1. I cut (2) pieces of smooth white cardstock at 5-1/4" x 4"
2. Using blender brushes, I added ink in circular motions and being mindful of which colors would blend well together (yellow + blue = green / blue + pink = purple, etc)
3. You don't have to fill the whole sheet on the 2nd piece as we'll be die cutting just the top part.
4. Using a small sprayer, I misted water over both sheets, then dabbed off on a paper towel.
5. Next, I got out my white acrylic paint, a dish of water and a lid.
6. I mixed some water into the white paint on lid and using my paintbrush, I spattered both sheets.
7. I'm too impatient to let it dry, so I used my heat gun to dry the white paint
8. Next, I die cut the Paint Drip Border from the 2nd sheet (that I didn't ink up completely) and from a sparkly silver paper, I die cut the water splatter from the Pool Die.
9. I attached the paint drip border to the top of my full inky sheet.
10. I cut a piece of the silver glittery paper at 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
11. I then glued the inky piece to the silver piece and glued my splashes to the bottom of card front.
12. I stamped the sentiment in the Picked Raspberry DOI, and cut the words apart, mounted on pink c.s. and attached at the top with foam strips.
13. I stamped & colored 2 of the unicorns, fussy cut out and attached with foam dots and DONE!
We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts!
Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas,
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!
Hoping you all have a great week of Creating
Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites: