Thursday, September 8, 2022

Tutorial Thursday: Use Die Cuts as Stencil

 



Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday!

Susen here with you today to share a tutorial with you!

Today's tutorial is:  Use Die Cuts as Stencil

I don't know if you sometime have the same problem like me. I want to make a stencil background but I don't have the right stencil. Then I take a look through my dies if there is something what would fit. 
Today I show you how you can make your own stencil from a die cut. 
What you need is:  

PRODUCTS USED

Further products: 
Ink pads of your choice (I used Distress Oxide Inks)
Watercoloring paper
Heat tool
Water

~ now for the tutorial you have been waiting for ~ 

The first step is to make your stencil. I used the Stitched Clouds Border Die for my card. 



Because I love to have not square or rectangle card shapes I decided to cut the edges with the same die. I think it's really pretty 😍



Now I start with the first color. I took the yellow one first but you can start with whatever you want of course. 


This I do with every colour until my sheet of watercoloring paper is full of clouds. Important is that you still turn your stenicl so you have not in every layer the same clouds. It looks much prettier. Another important thing is, that you have to try to use as less pressure as possible when you blend the color on the paper. If you use too much pressure you get spots all over your color and this doesn't look smooth and pretty. 







For the last layer you don't need your stencil. 
Now you can see how pretty the cloudy background looks. Another hint is to leave the top of every cloudy layer white. It gives a smoother touch to your background. 


The last step for me is to add some water sprinkles all over the clouds but you doesn't do that on your background. 


I use my heat tool to dry up the waterdrops. 


Now our cloudy background is finished. 



We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts! 

Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas, 
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!

Hoping you all have a great week of Creating

SUSEN
Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:


    


No comments:

Post a Comment