Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday!
Kristine here with you today to share a tutorial with you!
Today's tutorial is: Mailbox Treat Box
When I was looking through my stash of LLLC dies and came across the fabulous Double Stitched Dome Die, I thought it was perfect for creating the front/back of a mailbox! So with Valentine's Day just around the corner, how cute would this be for stuffing some small valentines or candy in as a gift! So I created a template and am so giddy with the results that I just HAD to share it with you all... and it only takes 2 dies to make the base mailbox -- add more of your choice to decorate as you wish!
Double Stitched Dome Die (largest die in this set)
Double Stitched Squares Die (smallest die)
--what I used to decorate my box--
Scalloped Dome Die (middle die)
Scalloped Rectangles Die (largest die)
Inverted Scallops Square Die (middle die)
Greys: W2, 3, 5
Pinks: R20, 21, 00, RV10
white gel pen ☺
hole punch or Crop-a-Dile (for brad)
*optional: small magnet
CUTTING AND SCORING
- (1) CUT a 5” x 3-1/2” (mailbox floor)
- turn so the long side is at the top of your scoreboard SCORE 1/2” and 4-1/2” & burnish
- Angle all tabs
- (1) CUT a 8” x 4-1/2” (body of mailbox)
- Turn so the long side is at the top and SCORE 1/2” and 7-1/2” & burnish
- Then turn so the short side is at the top and SCORE 1/2” on just ONE of the long sides & burnish
- Angle tabs. Then on the LONG score, make cuts up to the score line spacing them about 1/2” apart across the length of strip.
- Cut off the 2 tabs on the ends and angle the rest of the small tabs.
- (1) CUT a 7” x 3-1/2” (mailbox post)
- Turn so the longest side is at the top and SCORE 3/4” and 6-1/4” & burnish
- Turn so the shortest side is at top and SCORE 3/4”, 1-1/2”, 2-1/4”, 3” & burnish
- CUT the 1/2” corner tab off each end.
- (1) CUT a 1-1/2" x 1/2” strip (pull tab for door)
- score at 1/2"
- (1) CUT a 3" x 3/8" strip (flag post)
- (1) CUT a 7-1/2” x 4” (base stand)
- Turn so longest side is at the top and SCORE at 1/2”, 3-1/2”, 4”, 7” & burnish
- Turn so shortest side is at the top and SCORE at 1/2” and 3-1/2” & burnish
- Cut out corners from just ONE short end.
- Find the middle of the 3” square (between the score lines) of the side that you cut the corners out of and place a mark.
- DIE-CUT a square using the smallest die in the Double Stitched Squares Die set, centering the die so your center mark is in the middle.
- (2) DIE-CUT domes using the middle-sized Double Stitched Dome Die (door and back)
- (1) DIE-CUT a rectangle using the smallest in the Double Stitched Rectangles Die set (flag)
♥ ♥ ♥
We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts!
Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas,
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!
Hoping you all have a great week of Creating
Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites: