Cristena here with you today! I am so excited to show you a fun surprise gift box I made using the You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set. This little box is super easy, fun, and fast! It will actually hold almost an entire 9oz. bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares or whatever candy, gift you wish.
COLORING DETAILS –
Duck: C0, 2, YR23, 24, 27, Y35
Flower: B00, 01, 04, G24, 21, Y13, 17
- Vanilla Cardstock: (1) 9 x 9, (2) 6 x 6 1/2
- Blue Cardstock: (6) 2 7/8 x 2 7/8, (6) 1 1/2 x 2 7/8, (1) Pierced Scalloped Circle
- Spring Has Sprung Paper Pack (blue flowers): (5) 3 x 3, (blue polka dots): (4) 3 x 3, (1) second largest Double Stitched Circle
- Run all 9 3 x 3 pieces through your cutting machine with the second largest Double Stitched Square.
- 18" of ribbon
- Score your 9 x 9 Vanilla Cardstock at 3" on all sides
- Fold all score lines
- Cut like the following photo and diagram
- Adhere your (4) four die cut blue polka dot patterned paper pieces to the (4) four 2 7/8 x 2 7/8 blue cardstock papers.
- Adhere these new layers onto the sides of the box as shown in the photo
- Place score tape or double sided strong tape on each of the uncovered flaps as shown below
- One tab at a time take the paper off the double sided tape and adhere to the adjoining side until the box is completed as shown in the photo.
- Set your box aside for now
- Score your (2) two 6 x 6 1/2 vanilla cardstock pieces as shown in the diagram below.
- Cut your vanilla cardstock on the red lines
- Score at 1 5/8 and at 4 3/4 on the 6 1/2 inch side
- Score at 1 5/8 and at 4 5/8 on the 6 inch side
- Adhere (2) two of your blue flower patterned paper to your (2) two 2 7/8 x 2 7/8 blue cardstock squares.
- Cut your remaining blue flower patterned paper pieces in half at 1 1/4 each
- Adhere these pieces to your 1 1/2 x 2 7/8 blue cardstock pieces
- Adhere your (2) two 2 7/8 x 2 7/8 pieces to the center of your 6 x 6 1/2 vanilla cardstock
- Adhere your (6) 1 1/2 x 2 7/8 pieces to the edge areas of your 6 x 6 1/2 vanilla cardstock
- put the cut edge to the outside edge as shown in the photo below
- Place score tape or strong double sided tape on the two smaller flaps as shown in the photo below
- Flip your 6 x 6 1/2 vanilla cardstock pieces over and place score tape or strong double sided tape on the bottom flap as shown in the photo below
- Take the double sided tape off the (2) two smaller flaps, one at a time, to create half a box as shown in the photo below
- one at a time, take the score tape or double sided tape off the larger flap of your 6 x 6 1/2 vanilla cardstock piece
- Place the inner box right on the score line as shown in the photo below
- After putting both sides on, it should close as shown
- With the box closed, place score tape or strong double sided tape through the middle of one side as shown in the next two photos
- Go from the edge of one side to the other
- Remove the protective paper from the double sided tape and adhere your ribbon so it goes all the way around the box as shown
back side of the box with the ribbon adhered to the tape
front side of the box with the ribbon tied in the front
- Adhere the Spring Has Sprung blue polka dot circle to the blue cardstock Pierced Scalloped Circle
- Color the duck with the flower from the You Lucky Duck Clear Set (or duck of your choice)
- Fussy cut the duck out
- Adhere the duck to the top of the blue polka dot circle with 3D foam
- Place (3) 3D foam pieces on the top of the box as shown in the photo below
- Place the circle with the duck on it in the center, attaching it on the box with the 3D foam
- do not attach more pieces as it may keep the box from opening
Your box is now complete! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today. Have a very happy crafting day!
Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas,inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!
Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites: