Thursday, January 23, 2020

Tutorial Thursday - Gift Box

Hello friends!
Allison here and I'm sharing a tutorial on how I made this sweet little gift box.



PRODUCTS USED:

Copics
Pig - R000, 00, 01
Grass and leaves - YG17, 03
Flowers - RV13, 10, Y35, 32, YR02, RV17
Mushrooms - E33, 31

Supplies needed:
glue
double sided tape
score board
chip board
cardstock
ribbon

For the Box

I started by cutting a strip of 130lb cardstock at 2 1/2" x 11"



On my strip I scored from the edge at 1", 3 1/2", 6" and 8 1/2" I then rotated the strip and scored 1/4" down  the 11" length.  I cut small triangles along the score lines to help with folding the box.  I decided to stencil the box to add some interest to the background.  The box is ready to be folded and glued together now with glue or double sided tape.




The outer box

I cut 3 pieces of chipboard and glued down to a white sheet of cardstock that was approximately 
4 x 9 1/4". I ran my scoring tool beside and in between the chipboard pieces and cut 4 small triangles to make the edges fold in neater.


After folding in the edges of white cardstock and gluing down to the chipboard (I used glue and double sided tape) I glued down a ribbon and added another sheet of white cardstock to cover the ribbon and remaining chipboard that was showing.   I then glued my box down and added a square of white cardstock to fit inside the box just slightly smaller then the opening (approx. 2 1/2" x 2 1/2")



The box is now completed! Now the fun part of decorating it.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for this sweet little gift box.

Crafty Hugs,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment