Thursday, October 3, 2019

Tutorial Thursday - Gift Card Holder


Tutorial Thursday - Gift Card Holder

Hello crafty friends! 
It's Tutorial Thursday and I'm sharing how I made these adorable Christmas Gift Card Boxes using the NEW SUITCASE DIE!







You will need:

Glue
Foam Tape
Glitter Glue
Glitter pen
Glossy Accents
Coloured/white cardstock
Nuvo Drops
Distress Oxide Ink
Twine

I started by stenciling on Neenah white cardstock the So Many Dots Stencil with Distress Oxide Ink in the colour festive berries.  I then ran it through my Gemini with the new Suitcase die.  I cut an additional suitcase out of white card stock 

(You will need 2 suitcase cutouts to complete the box - one for the top, one for the bottom)


At opposite ends I taped down the stitched semi circle and ran through the die cutting machine to create the tabbed openings.




I then assembled both the upper and lower box by following the score lines and applying liquid glue to the corners.




I then used both colored and white cardstock and cut the side and top labels out then glued down to the box.





After the box and side labels are attached down I die cut the corners and glued down to the top 4 sides.



 I did some additional die cutting using the Heart Wreath DiePinecone Bough DiePierced Scallop Circles Die.

I stamped the sentiment in Versamark black ink and heat embossed in clear.  Using a piece of foam tape I attached the sentiment to the box.

I then began the fun of layering and completing these cute gift boxes.





From bottom up I stacked the Pinecone Bough DiePierced Scallop Circle Dies, twine then finished with the Hippo Holiday clear stamps and on the left of the box the small Heart Wreath Die


I used a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to add some sparkle to the heart wreath die and the pierced scallop circle die and for the hippos hats I added some glitter glue, I finished off the boxes by adding some glossy accents to the candy cane and the ornament and a few drops of red Nuvo drops.


Copic Colours
Hippo's - C5,3,1,0 colorless Blender R000
Hat/Candy Cane/Ornament - R89,46
Scarf - R21,20,000

I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial!
Allison



Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:



No comments:

Post a Comment