Thursday, March 21, 2019

Tutorial Thursday- Hippos in Paradise Card Tutorial

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I wanted to share with you a step by step tutorial on how I created this super cute card using the newly released "hippos in Paradise" from La-La Land Crafts

  Step 1 I started with stamping the images on Neenah solar white card stock with black momento ink then fussy cut them out after I had coloured them.  

  Step 2 I used versafine ink and heat embossed the sentiment then diecut around it using the 2nd smallest die from the pierced scallop circles die set. I then placed nuvo drops around the edge, then set aside to dry.

   

  Step 3 I diecut all the pieces I was planning on using on Neenah solar white paper. I distress inked the hearts and scallops using scattered straw, the mushroom and grass border die I distressed inked as well using mowed lawn. (I ended up cutting the mushrooms off to shorten the grass) 


 

  Step 4 I coloured the hibiscus die cuts using my zig markers and finished them with a spectrum noir shimmer pen. The stems I coloured with copics (Y19).

   

  Step 5 I wanted to create a cheery and bright background so I used the pretty diamonds layering stencils. (I'm in love with these stencils) The first stencil I used only distress oxide ink in scattered straw. For the second stencil I used both picked raspberry's and abandoned coral.

 

 

  Step 6 For the twig die I used copic markers (YG17) for the stem and placed nuvo drops on the tips in different colours. I also placed nuvo drops in the Center of the filigree flowers. 

 

  Step 7 To complete the card I used foam tape on the back of the hearts, hippos, mushroom and grass border die, and the sentiment. I glued down the remaining pieces using tombow mono glue. 

  Step 8 Everything was then adhered with craft foam to Neenah solar white card base in 120lb.


  Products used

Copic colours
Hippos - V000,W0 
  Dress - R46,R43 
  Nuvo drops -Ripened pumpkin, Dandelion yellow, sherbet shimmer 
  Distress oxide inks -Picked raspberry, scattered straw, abandoned coral 

 I hope this card inspires you to make one of your own. Have a wonderful day! 
 Hugs, Allie


    

No comments:

Post a Comment