Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tutorial Thursday - Tent Card


Hi La-La Land peeps...
It's Ashlee here today for Tutorial Thursday...!!

I am going to show you how to make a "Tent Card"..
I hope my steps are easy to understand,  I'm very new to tutorials!!

Here we go....

Step 1 : Cut a piece of cardstock to the size 11cm x 29cm 


Step 2 : Score at 11cm, 22cm, 25cm and 28cm


Step 3 : Fold the largest piece for the card base and then 
accordion fold the smaller folds at the bottom.

Cut a piece of designer paper to the size 10.5cm x 10.5cm and adhere to the front card panel


Step 4 : Using the Stitched nested circle dies from La-La Land... 
pick a size you would prefer out of the set for the circle view 
and cut using your die machine


Step 5 : Cut a piece of designer paper 
10.5cm x 10.5cm for the largest panel on the inside of the tent card 
and two pieces of designer paper 10.5cm x 2.5cm


Step 6 : Add some adhesive to the smallest piece of the folds
 so that it can be joined to the front panel to close the tent card so it stands...


End result : You should now have a base like this ready to be decorated, 
perfect to add a gorgeous Marci or Luka and some wonderful La-La Land dies too!!



Here is my end result after decorating...

I used the gorgeous Awareness Ribbon Marci ,



I really hope you have enjoyed my tutorial...

Thanks for joining me and hope you have fun creating your card!!

Hugz Ashlee

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, you're great at tutorials! This one is quite explainful (yeah, let's make up that word) and so well put together! And the end result is wonderful!
    Greetings, Maya S. | Domestic Cleaning Bromley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found the blog when I was looking for the Stitched Zig Zag dies - this is such a pretty card and I am certainly going to try making one myself. Thank you for the tut. it really is easy to follow.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make this look super easy! I want very much to try this :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete