Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tutorial Thursday - Using Felt with La-La Land Crafts Dies



Yesterday I did this layout for the Fence It In theme, I used lots of felt flowers and leaves for my flower clusters. Did you know that the La-La Land Crafts dies cut felt easily? You should give it a try!!!

Supplies Needed
Die Cutting Machine (Big Shot, Cuttlebug, etc)
Felt
Hot Glue Gun


I found the felt cut well, but depending on the thickness and quality of your felt, you may need to use a "shim" (an extra sheet of cardstock will usually suffice) on top of your die cut "sandwich" for a deeper cut. Here I cut out several Rolled Rose Large, Medium and Small together.


Since the felt is thicker than paper your flowers will be slightly bigger and there is no need to wrap your rose around anything to get the rolling started, just roll it towards the center and hot glue it into place.


I also used the Berry Flourish Die to make felt leaves to add to my layout. I simply cut the leaves away from the stem and added them to the flower cluster where I thought they were needed. 


Easy peasy!! Don't forget to try using your dies with different things: vellum, foil paper, experiment and see what you can use to add something special to your next project!!

Cathi

2 comments:

  1. I love how the felt gives your page a surreal softness! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. Now I've got to get some felt. :)

    ReplyDelete