Saturday, March 12, 2011

Meet Our Spring Guest Designers!

Good evening!  Last Sunday you got to see some fabby creations by our two newest Guest Design Team Members, and so now we'd like to officially introduce you to them!!  Renate and Leanne will be with us for our Spring term.  These girls, along with some of our design team, volunteered at the La-La Land Crafts booth at CHA, so some of you had the privilege of meeting them IRL!  =)  So without further ado, here's a little about Renate...

Renate
Hello, my name is Renate' (that's Reh-nah-tay). I am a native L.A. "kid" and live happily with my wonderful boyfriend and loving dog. I started stamping in the 1980's and spent most of my time making decorative albums for myself and friends. Since elementary school, I have loved making gifts for others and began altering many different items, as well as making cards. My love for crafting never fully went away, but definitely took a back seat for a while. But in creating 130 invitations (along with RSVP cards, programs, table numbers, and name cards...the whole shabang!) for one of my best friend's wedding several years ago, my love of creating found new life. It reminded me why I loved creating so much in the past. There is no better gift than to bring a smile to someone's face with something handmade. I am completely new to blogging, but with the encouragement of good friends (especially by super buddy Leanne) and the absolute support (and crafty helping hand) of my man...I am entering this new world. Can't wait to share the smiles!

You can visit Renate at her blog, hapagirlren humbly handmade

and here's a little about Leanne!

Leanne
I've always loved drawing, arts, crafts, sewing, crocheting, pretty much just making things. I started out with art classes & drawing in Middle school, when I got to High school it was all about sports and photography, sad to say I never could get back into drawing and I envy those that do. I tried scrapbooking, but I found it was too stressful and I didn't have enough patience nor energy for it. Then my good friend, Renate, introduced me to cardmaking.. I loved it! I have added other projects than just cardmaking, but I think cardmaking is my first love. It's something that I enjoy and has kept me busy when I'm not working. I am really excited to be a guest designer for Irina & La-La Land Crafts, and really looking forward to working with the DT. I hope you all like what I share. Mahalo! :)

You can visit Leanne at her blog, Finding My Groove
 

They will be posting on Sundays, so you will get to see more of their creations tomorrow! 
Welcome to the La-La family ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment