Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday! Cristena here with you today to share a fun little tutorial with you on how I made this cute little card with a garden surprise!
Today's tutorial is: Grow A Garden Card
Today I am showing you how I made a pocket in this 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card to hold a packet of carrot seeds. You can use any packet of seeds you like, but they are a lot of fun!
Farmer Marci Rubber Stamp Set
Oh, Crop! Clear Stamp Set
Stitched Sun and Clouds Die
Scalloped Rectangle Die
Double Stitched Circle Die
Summer Is Here Layering Stencil
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, 30
Hair: Y23, YR21, 23, E23, 25
Hat: R81, 83, 85, 89
Shirt: R81, 85, E23, 25, 29
Pants: B91, 93, 95, 97, 99, E23, 29
Boots: E93, 95, 97, 99, W5, Y26
Socks: R81, 83
Carrots: YR12, 16, 18, G21, 24, 28
~ now for the tutorial you have been waiting for ~
- Cut your kraft cardstock 5 1⁄2 x 11 for your card base
- Cut 1 white cardstock 5 x 5
- With the E31 Copic marker draw your horizon line across the paper.
- From your horizon line down color in what will be your ground using the markers listed above
- Using Distress Oxide Ink Salted Ocean, make clouds above the horizon line with the Summer Is Here Layering Stencils.
- Find your top center of the 5 x 5 cardstock
- Cut out a half circle from the top center using the smallest of the Double Stitched Circle Dies
- Place your packet of seeds on the back side of your 5 x 5 cardstock and draw a line in pencil around it.
o As seen in the photo below
o Be sure to leave your seeds up a little bit so they are easy to see and pull out.
- Cut out Barn Die pieces from Red and White o be sure to cut 2 each of the door pieces
o assemble barn
- Cut out Truck Die from green cardstock
o Cut 2 each of the wheels and truck railing from white cardstock
o Sponge the green pieces with green and brown ink
o Color wheels with the Copic markers below
o Sponge the truck railings with brown ink
o Assemble truck
o You will use one of the truck railings for the fence next to the barn.
- Stamp and color the 3 carrots from the Carrot About You Rubber Stamp Set.
- Fussy cut carrots out to place in the back of the truck
- Place everything on your 5 x 5 card piece as shown on the photo of the finished card.
- Cut out 2 of the largest Scalloped Rectangle Die from white cardstock.
- Line up the 2 Scalloped Rectangles to make a Scalloped Square to go with your 5 x 5 cardstock
o Adhere them together with mono adhesive
o Adhere to the card base with mono adhesive
- Take paper off the paper from the 3D foam from the back side of the 5 x 5 cardstock piece and adhere it to the card base on top of the Scalloped Rectangles/now square.
- Tuck your seeds inside of your card and you are finished!
We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts!
Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas, inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!
Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:
What a darling card! My heart is happy!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Paula! I am so happy that you enjoyed the tutorial! <3Delete