Thursday, May 28, 2020

Baby Memory Tag Holder


Hello Crafty Friends! Its Tutorial Thursday and I'm sharing a baby memory tag holder with a mini shaker using the gorgeous papers recently released. 










Material:


Card Stock
Double Sided Tape
Ribbon
Glue
Score Board

Copic Markers:


Panda - N8, N6, N4, R000
Rabbit - E53, E51, E50

Starting with a heavy weight card stock (I used 110lb Neenah white), cut a strip 3" x 11".  This was scored at 2", 2 3/4", 7", 7 3/4"
This is going to be your outer box. I used a light pink cardstock to add panels to fit in each section and layered some pretty paper on top.  Everything was glued down with liquid glue to both sides of my white card stock strip. Set aside.




For the mini folders you will need card stock cut at 6" x 3.5" I made 9 of these in total.  I used various shades of pinks so there was a nice mix.  Each one you will score at 1/2" and 3 1/4" on the long side.  The short side will be scored at 1/2"


To help the folder come together neatly I trim off a portion of a bottom section and the bottom corner.


To assemble the folders I used double sized tape and folded in along the score lines.  A hole punch was used on the top to create a opening.



I cut 6" x 2 1/4' strips of patterned paper to wrap around each folder and attached with liquid glue.



On the back of each folder double sided tape was added to the center only of each folder with the last folder the entire back was covered in double sided tape.


Your folders are ready at this point.  Just stack together to create a accordion fold.  The last in the stack should be the one with tape all over the back.



Once your folders have been attached together they are ready to go into your outer frame.   Use the folder with the double sided tape on the back and attach at the 4" score line.



For the closure, when the lid folds shut it gets hooked behind the mini shaker on the front.  I created the shaker using the heart from the camera die.  I filled the shaker with glitter glass and small sequin hearts.  The back of the shaker I attached foam tape but just towards the bottom half (so the top half of the shaker has no tape) This creates the closure.






I hope you enjoyed this sweet tag holder! Have a fabulous and crafty week.

Crafty Hugs,
Allison





No comments:

Post a Comment