Thursday, June 29, 2017

Tutorial Thursday: Criss Cross card and coloring folds

Hi, Elizabeth here for tutorial Thursday to show you how to create a Criss Cross card. 
I also added a speed coloring video of how I made the folds on Marci's dress if you would like to see. It's a long post, so I hope you'll hang in there! 

For the card base I need two pieces of 6" x 12" cardstock.
 I score at 6" on both pieces to create the "pocket"card base.

On both pieces I cut diagonally like the picture shows. 

That leaves me with two pieces like these.

I add adhesive to the back of one of the pieces and glue them together. 

Next I cut a piece of cardstock in 5 6/8" x 6" to create the card for the inside (on the left). 

I cut design paper to 
One piece to fit the back of the card base 5 6/8" x 5 6/8" (the pink one)
A second piece 5 6/8" x 5 6/8" which I cut I half diagonally and turn one of the pieces around. This works because the paper is double sided. If it is not, cut two triangles from the two papers you want to use. 
The third piece is for the card inside the pocket. Cut 5 4/8" x 5 6/8" 

This is the way the design-paper goes- but do not glue it on yet! I like to distress the edges of the design-paper using distress ink, walnut stain. 

Next I cut all the gorgeous diecuts I want to use. 
You can find a list at the end of the post. 

I glue the design-paper to the inside of the card.

Next I glue the Loopy Border dies to the back of one side of the triangles, and cut the excess pieces.
I also glue the  Loopy Doily Border Die to the square card like this: 

Glue the design paper pieces to the cardboard. 

Add tape to the bottom edge.

And tape in a small triangle to close the card.

Here is your card base. Now it is time to decorate using a colored image and all the lovely dies and
 embellishments you like. 

I stamped and colored Picnic Marci using my Copic Markers. I love to create folds and pleats, so i added some here. 
Copic Colors used: 
Skin: E13, E11, E21, E000, R20
Hair: E59, E57, E55, E53, E51
Dress, headband and bow: R89, R85, R83, R81
Shoes: YG67, YG63, YG61, W5, W3, W00

Here is a speed coloring video to show you how I made the folds on Marci's dress. (this is my first YouTube video ever, so be kind ;)


Here's my finished  decorated card - both parts!
La- La Land Craft Products used: 

Hope you like my tutorial, I would love to see if you ever try it!
You can share your La- La Land Crafts creations with us in our Facebook group.

Hugs, 
Elizabeth 



LagreLagre

1 comment:

  1. WOW An amazing post....bookmarked this page for future reference! Thanks for sharing and showing us how you added amazing folds!
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete