Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Believe in Magic! {Altered Canvas}



Ever since we created our Daisy Faerie Marci stamp, I had an idea of making an Altered Canvas with her and I wanted it to look magical!  Not sure how magical my Canvas is, but I really, really, really enjoyed making it and I really, really, really love how it came out!

I painted canvas with acrylic paints in pink, yellow and white and then added some blue and green with bubble wrap.  I cut a doily in half for two corners, and misted it with shimmery glimmer.

Daisy Marci is resting on the Whimsy Mushroom.  Isn't she the CUTEST?!!  Oh, and did you notice those little mushrooms?  They are included with the Whimsy Mushroom stamp!

Daisies are made using our Water Lily Die.  I die cut four sets of flowers and it allowed me to make eight pretty daisies in four different sizes!  Viva Peal pen in Yellow for the centers.  Just perfect!

All the gorgeous leaves are cut from our Large Flourish Die.  I die cut four flourishes, two from green cardstock and two from dotted paper with glitter from Best Creations.

Heart Fence, Butterfly and Rolled Roses (Small&Medium and Large) are our Dies too!

I stamped the words in the sentiment (comes with Daisy Faerie Marci) separately on the ivory cardstock and outlined them with Memento Marker, then cut out.

This Altered Canvas is one of the projects for my upcoming WORKSHOP at Andie's Scrapbooking store in Bakersfield, CA.

When: Saturday, August 11th
10 am to 6 pm

We will also make a Trinket Box, a Gift Box and a few Cards at the Workshop!
It's a FULL day of CRAFTING FUN!

If you would like to attend, please call the store at 661-831-2766 for details and to sign up.
Please call soon, there are only a few spots available!!!








 Images colored with Copic Markers.

Daisy Faerie Marci:
Skin - E00, E95, E11, E23
Blush - R20, R30
Hair - B00, B12, B14, B37
Yellow - Y32, Y35, YR24
Green - YG01, YG03, YG63
Blue - B00

Mushrooms:
R20, R21, R24, R27
E51, E53, E55


Hugs!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Perfect way to highlight a number of products...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Irina. It is all kinds of delightful. I have never done an altered canvas, but I would really like to try.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgfeous! I wish I lived there so I could take this class.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you listed all the directions here, this is one of them I did not get to in the work shop and I can buy some acrylic paint at michaels and try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - fabulous canvas Irina - love it. Love that beautiful faerie too!

    ReplyDelete