Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tutorial Thursday - Parcel Card

Hi Everyone its Jennifer here and I am going
 to show you how to do a
PARCEL CARD.


Cut your Base 28cm x 18.5cm
Score across at 9cm, 18cm, 22.5cm and 27cm
On the 9cm score line measure 12cm across cut 2.5cm either side
 of the score and the same at 16.2cm


This is my base I did in red. See the cuts I did. Score
from one cut to the next on each end of them. 
It then makes a valley to hold your present.
Ooops just realised this picture is upside down.


Now to make the layers, I make two - this is the first. I make one
for the front and back so you have to make one going each way.
Cut 8.5cm x 18cm 2 off.
Measure 1.9cm and cut down 2.5cm measure 6.5cm and cut down 2.5cm
Then cut that bit out as shown cut the second one the same but with 
the measurements on the other end.


My first layer is green.

This is the second layer.
Cut 8cm x 17.5cm 2 off.
Measure 1.5cm and cut down 2.5cm then measure 6.6cm and
measure down 2.5cm and cut the piece out as in the picture.
Do another one the same with the measurements on the opposite end.


I used a printed paper for my second layer.


I then layered the 2 fronts and 2 backs together.

I then Layered them on the base.

I then ran doublesided tape down the 1cm tab on the base and joined it.
See the Valley where the present is going! 

OK we are now making the parcel.
Cut 12cm x 17cm.
Then score down at 4cm and 8cm
Score across at 4cm, 8cm, 12cm and 16cm.
I then cut the parcel out around the solid lines see where I have left 1cm tabs. 

So it now looks like this

I have layered my Parcel with 2 layers. 
First layer I cut 3.5cm x3.5cm 6 off them (the red ones)
Second layer 3cm x 3cm 6 off them (patterend paper)

I then Layered them.


 Then layered them on the parcel.

I then used doublesided tape to stick it together.
You can leave the top of the box untaped and you
 can pop things in like Chocolates!
This is how it sits.

Now you can  go and decorate them.
Here's an Example.

and another.

They are so much Fun!
Can't wait to see what you all do!

5 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, carn,t wait to have a go, thank you x
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks funny and beautiful. I think I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks for a great tutorial.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irina...that is so cute and so creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tutorial jenny i love your parcel box cards they always look so awesome.. I have the one u sent me sitting on my shelf in the craft room!! Xx

    ReplyDelete