Saturday, October 29, 2011

Milk Carton Marci Project


I admit, I LOVE project which have anything to do with Houses!  When I saw the most awesome tutorial on Whiff of Joy blog, I fell in LOVE with the project and the idea of making a milk carton to look like a house.  It is so perfect that I almost ordered both the die and the large die cutting machine just to make the project.  Then I had one of those AHA!! moments ;-)  WOOHOO!!  See, my new Silhouette Cameo cuts 12" x 12" paper and I can now make larger projects!!  I even found a template for the milk carton and after about an hour playing with different sizes, here it is!  TADA!! 

I closed the top of the container to create the roof, but you can still open it on the bottom.  It is sooo cute!!  Seriously!!  An absolutely perfect container to use for the holiday gift giving.  I am going to make a summery one later on too, really want to make one with our Marci with Flower.

Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration Angie!

The Lamp Post was also cut out of chipboard with my Silhouette, yes - it now cuts thin chipboard too!!

I thought that our Autumn Marci would fit this project the best.  I paper pieced Marci's beret and dress. 

This is one of the projects for my October WorkshopTo see other projects for this Workshop please click HERE.

OCTOBER Workshop is scheduled for:
Sunday, October 30th
10 am to 6 pm
at Scrapbook Island in San Jose, CA

This Workshop is by invitation only.  If you would like to attend but did not receive an Evite invitation from me, please email me at irina_ca@msn.com and I will add you to my email list.






January Page Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Marci by La-La Land Crafts
Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, Pink Paisley, Kaisercraft
Tools: Silhouette Cameo (Milk Carton, Lamp Post, Fence, Roses), MS Border Punch, EK Success Flower and Leaf Punches
Other: TH Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence, Crystal Stickles
Copic Markers:

Skin - E000, E00, E11
Blush - R11, R20
Hair - E70 - 79
Mittens and Scarf - R21 - 29, R38
Jacket - YG91-97
Boots - E70 - 79
Shading on paper pieced Beret and Dress - T3, E53, E51


Hugs!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is really stunning project!!!!! Love this and you did an excellent job on it!!!!! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could pull my hair out waiting for the OH-SO Adorable Autumn Marci to become a digi! Cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to re-use the milk carton again and make it look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Your coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you always amaze me with you creativity... I am so fascinated right now.. Love it..

    I can't wait to get this stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious - love the snowy lampost and fabulous fence. The papers are beautiful and so is your coloring ! xx

    ReplyDelete