Saturday, May 7, 2011

Celebrating Today . . .

Are you enjoying your weekend thus far? I (1LuvnMama) have a full weekend of activities, one of them celebrating Mother's Day with my family. As the title says, "Celebrating Today . . .", it's actually meant for Sunday, which is Mother's Day. Today, I'm sharing a card I will give to my mother-in-law.

This is Darling Marci. I immediately picked up this stamp because my MIL has the same hair style. Not only that, she is a DARLING, literally! She's like a second mom and has always been there for me, my hubby, and my kids! I wanted to honor her on this special day.

My sweet friend and former La-La Land Crafts sister, Kristine, made a Stand Up Card and I was tempted to try it out. Click {HERE} to see Kris' post. She also gives a tutorial as well. This card is kept very simple. I wanted Marci to be the focal point with little distraction. I didn't add too many embellishments, besides a few butterflies, flourishes, and a bow.


Here's the top view of the Stand Up Card. I tweaked the measurements on my card so that I could fit the frame around Darling Marci.



Don't forget to upload any project and/or cards you make with our La-La Land Stamps. We'd luv to see them! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

5 comments:

  1. Ohh! this is so beautiful. Love the color combo, bow and this sweet image. How cute this type of multifold card. Have a great day and Happy Mother's day too!
    Zulma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegantly beautiful! I too love the colours!!!Darling Marci looks so adorable sitting on the frame edge!! Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's out there in La-La Land and the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. Love your layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete