Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Short Term Farewell and a Votive . . .

Hey Gang, 1LuvnMama here! Don't let the title of this post scare you. Although this is my last post for La-La Land Crafts Blog, I'll be back at some point. My farewell is for a short time since I'm awaiting the arrival of my little guy. Like I said, I wanted to go out with a BANG with this post. I hope you'll stick with me because I have lots of photo shots to share with you!

For my project, I made a Votive Card using a tea light. I saw this on Splitcoaststampers some time ago and thought I'd give it a try. I made this Votive Card two-sided . . . one in a Halloween theme and the other in a Christmas theme.

Here's the Halloween theme featuring Pumpkin Marci and Witch Marci.


Got Candy?


Witch Marci is just flying by to say "HI"!


Now here's the Christmas themed side featuring Santa Marci, Caroling Luka, and Winter Marci.


Ho, Ho, Ho . . . Merry Christmas!


Walking in a Winter Wonderland!


This is the top view looking down on the tea light.


I wanted to show what the Votive Card looks like with the lights dimmed and the tea light on.



How did I make this card? Here's the dimensions . . .

I cut a piece of CS at 8-1/2" x 12". On the 8-1/2" side, I scored the CS in half at 4-1/4". Turn the CS around to the 12" side and score at 3", 6", and 9". Using an Exacto knife, cut on the score line from the 3" mark to 9" mark. This will give you an opening for the tea light. Decorate as you wish and adhere the two ends shut. You can make the dimensions any size you want, it's totally up to you. I hope my directions make sense . . . I'm not good at tutorials. You can actually fold up this Votive Card and tie a ribbon around it to give as a gift.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it. I know I'll keep this out in the next couple of months. Be sure to visit the Online Store to get your Marci & Luka stamps. They are perfect for the upcoming holidays!

Thanks again for all your support and I'll definitely keep you updated on the "boss"!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME project Mama!! What a GREAT way to display your Marcis and Luka!! LOVE how you made it for two different holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! you surely are heading out for your leave with a bang - this is awesome!!! and SOOO versatile! gotta make one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I love these votive covers! Awesome--thanks for sharing =) Best wishes on the upcoming delivery too! See ya when you return!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Congrats on your little one coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are GORGEOUS! What awesome projects! Your papers are fabulous and your coloring is amazing. I'm going to miss your creations here at Lala Land! Good luck with the little one! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete